Saturday 9 May 2015

Green Fences on the Rails, Reflection on Weeks 14 through 16 on #52weeksofWE



Click on Week 14 Green with…, Week 15 Fenced Off, and Week16 Rail Ways to get their respective descriptions.

Pesky little things like work and family are getting in the way of my important work, writing up blog posts for #52weeksofWE. This is somewhat unfortunate – even if I am the only one reading them – because we have had some fantastic photos over the past little while. Hopefully, people are getting to the Flickr page and enjoying what has been posted.


Green things and green filters made their way into Week 14 of #52weeksofWE. There was enough green in nature, in spite of being early spring, that we got to see balcony gardens (one of my personal favourites) and –ahem- plastic pears. The green leaves of a flower imprinted on a plant, and the green details of graffiti filled our artistic quota. My own unending wit was represented when I took a black and white of the word “Green,” and the word “Windsor” on a field of green made up our textual contributions. 
 Green Light by Lupita Amaya
 by Frank Shepley
 Foggy day for the Green Giant by Laura Arce
 By Shari

 Green by Patrick Firth

Receding Green-Lines by Patrick Firth
 


I was disappointed with my contribution to the Fenced Off week – though, if I remember correctly, I got some great shots the same week that did not involve fences. Luckily, fellow challengers more than made up for my shortcomings, and we were treated to the beauty of fences throughout Windsor – Essex. We had rural fences, the foreground of a misty backdrop; the hard lines of metal fences with a backdrop of fluid blue river behind; wooden fences of the suburbs seemingly stacked one upon the other. We even had a great one that captured the “fence” of a table saw. This creativity is what I love to see.

 
Fenced Off by Lupita Amaya

Fenced Off by Lupita Amaya
Fenced in at Point Pelee by Frank Shepley
Table Saw Fence by Frank Shepley
Corner Fence by Patrick Firth


Similar to the snaking lines of fences, Week 16 – Rail Ways – was also a great one for the group. My personal favourite, rails at dusk blaze their way across the black, silhouetted ground into the city-scape in the background, arcing gently away from the Renaissance Centre, just in time. My own shot (I was happier with this one than my fence debacle) sees the rails near River Canard, small and simple underneath a grey, heavy sky. Beautiful shots yet again my fellow challengers.
Windsor Railway up to RenCen by Lupita Amaya
Railway at Dark by Lupita Amaya
Rail Ways by Patrick Firth
 

I look forward to the personal touch of Week 17, where we explore the Hobbies of our fellow challengers – thanks to the suggestion from one of them. While I have featured some of the shots on this blog, please go to the Flickr group to see the rest.  

Maybe – maybe – this time I will be able to keep up with the blog posts a little more. I will keep on pestering people to share their photos as well through my email: essex.masque@gmail.com so that I can feature them on the blog posts. I will update the posts as they come in as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment