Tuesday 11 March 2014

Pre Border Discussion Discussion

On Feb. 24  I went to a great forum on "Borders in Globalization: Bridging Politics, Law, Culture" put on by IN / TERMINUS (http://interminus.org/) and the Cross Border Institute (http://www1.uwindsor.ca/crossborder/) in Windsor, ON. I won't go into the specifics, but the Border is incredibly important to Windsor (where I live now) and Sarnia (where I grew up). Arguably, borders are important to us all, whether or not you cross them regularly. I am going to blog about my experiences soon, but consider this "Pre Border Discussion Discussion" an invite to share your stories about crossing borders (definition up to you!).
The nicest international border I have crossed? INTO North Korea, from South Korea. Border guard super nice, pleasant music, and a dancing bear (costume) when we got through. Will talk more about it in an upcoming blog post.
Submit your stories to me!
Email: essex.masque@gmail.com
FB: www.facebook.com/Essex.Masque
Twitter: @EssexMasque

Shot of Windsor and Detroit, from Windsor. This goes to show how close we are. Photo by ... me.

No comments:

Post a Comment