Tuesday 5 April 2016

Photographic Tale of the Week - Your fingers

"Your fingers" by Craig (Secretlyjustme)
You may not believe me when I say this, but when Craig's beautiful work "Your fingers" caught my eye (the title being the first line of an 8 line accompanying poem), I had no idea that April is #Poetrymonth. Okay, maybe I should know this considering my passion for all things literary, but I didn't. 
This serendipitous selection was beyond the convenience of conforming to a theme (image and poem). Rather, the selection of Craig's incredible photograph - of its play with perspective, contrast of motion and stasis, vibrant colour and shades of grey - was based on the merits of the beauty of the composition itself. 
Without further ado:

Your fingers
leave trails
of fireworks
on skin
and
time
told you things
you already knew

You are in luck. Craig, a self-described "thirty-something" and "drinker of whisky" (both of which I can relate to), has equally amazing images and poems in his Flickr photostream for you to enjoy. You must!

As always, this is a photograph selected from my #Flickr group, "Pictures with a Story," of which Craig is a regular contributor. See the almost 290 other contributors by checking out the group, and feel free to join.

Browse through the Essex Masque blog (you're on it!) for other Photographic Tales of the Week, as well as other randoms that I post. You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, and my photography on Flickr

Please note that, as ever, do not use the images of the featured photographers without their express permission. I always contact them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment