Monday 9 November 2015

Photographic Tale of the Week - Autumnal Shrine

"Autumnal Shrine" by Enrico Fossati
Are you looking for the most beautiful word in the English language? Do you desire the most aesthetic collection of sounds and phonemes  gathered into a collection of letters made to form, in this case, three syllables of absolute bliss? Look no further than Tolkien's "cellar door" or "sellador" and enjoy away. However, if you ask my opinion, the word I am constantly drawn back to and could take a fragrant bath in is the word "autumnal." The first syllable - the "ahh" sounds like an opening up in a cosmic sense; the second, "tum" like the beating of deep, earth-shaking drum; the last syllable, "nal," I haven't decided yet, but it is good nonetheless.
Suffice it to say, my decision to feature Enrico Fossati's "Autumnal Shrine" as this week's Photographic Tale of the Week" from my Flickr group, Pictures with a Story" may have been a bit biased. However, I think if you take one look at this masterpiece of light and beauty, you will find no fault in its selection. Read what Enrico has to say about it:

"Exploring a new alpine area i have found this incredible Shrine of the autumn at its maximum splendour, i hope my shot can reproduce the majesty of that place and the feelings who i have felt."
Strongly recommend watching this on a black background .
  For Capture this shot i have used Lucroit Equipment, if you are interested don't forget that you can get 10%OFF with my Discount Code FOSSATI10. lucroit.com/SHOP/?&id_lang=1
WORKSHOP ANNOUNCEMENT: Want to join me on an adventure here? I'll be co-leading a workshop in the Dolomites with Erin Babnik this July 17-23. This is an adventure-style workshop that will take us to some of the most amazing wilderness locations in the region. The workshop includes six days of shooting and a post-processing session on the last day. We have a 12-page brochure available that contains all of the details. For more information, visit www.erinbabnik.com/workshops

Additionally:
About the picture is a new location who i have discovered in the French Alps, during a beautiful 4 days trip with my friends hiking and taking photos. It was a fair day when the autumn was at his maximum spendour, it was a bit tricky to compose due the huge amount of sprays coming from the waterfall and the rocks was very wet and not very comfortable for composition. I have used a polarizer for reducing the glares and enhance the beautiful tones of the foliage. 

I am an image maker based in northern Italy. I love to capture the beauty of nature and I am seriously fascinated by landscapes of any kind. I love to edit my works with dark and dreamy moods inspired by movies and artworks from many great artists. I love to share my works all over the world, and I hope you enjoy. I leave you with a famous quote that in my opinion fits extremely well with my approach to landscape photography:
“A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.”

 
You can find Enrico at the following sites:
https://www.facebook.com/enricofossatiphotography/
http://www.enricofossati.it/  
https://500px.com/efossati

Check out everything else Essex Masque related, including the 52 week photo challenge I
 am hosting for Windsor - Essex residents at the following sites:
Facebook
Flickr
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment