Monday 13 July 2015

Simply Red, Reflections on Week 25 of 52





The week of #Windsor180 inspired me to type out a blog post immediately. Simply Red was inspiring, but apparently not in the same way. Here I am though, albeit a couple of weeks later, with the featured shots of this more accessible challenge to find something red and highlight it.

The last time I had a beard, a really good one mind you, was when I was on a parental leave. I merely have scruff now. I bring this up because I want to acknowledge my respect and esteem for a good beard, which is why the first shot I am featuring this week is Shari's red beard shot. Thank you to the photographer and model for joining in on the fun.

 Untitled by Shari

We were also treated to bugs, flowers, doors, and crosses. 


"Red Cross" by LauritaBonita

Untitled by April Particelli


"Red Church Doors, Windsor ON" by 
Paul Thibodeau
"Red Spring at Queen Elizabeth Park" by 
Frank Shepley
My personal favourite this week was the shot taken of the Detroit – Windsor fireworks, a truly multi-coloured event book-ended by the threat of severe weather. This was a fantastic capture of a red burst of vibrant colour that lit up Detroit (the river and city) with a beautiful wash of smoke beneath.
 "Windsor Detroit Fireworks" by Steve Biro
I have noticed a trend in my challenge shots – namely, I am less happy with the “themed” shots than with the photographs I have done while on my photographic sessions. The red was not quite as vibrant as I had hoped. Maybe I can blame how basic my digital dark room is.

"Simply Red by the River" by Patrick Firth

This was the week before the halfway point of our year. I’m looking forward to many more shots and opportunities to come. Again, it is never too late to join. Find the challenge on Flickr and Facebook as usual, and feel free to share the stories that go with the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment