Tuesday 28 July 2015

#52weeksofWE - Stones, 30 of 52



This is about as personal as it is going to get for these themes, but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity for a situational, tongue-in-cheek take on what I am currently going through. Early Sunday morning I woke up (about 3:30 AM) to some mild discomfort in my lower back. This mild discomfort turned into the worst pain I have ever felt in my life, complete with writhing, groaning, and nausea. At about 6:30 I was in the Emergency Department on a morphine drip, being diagnosed with kidney stones. The amusing part - that is, after the blinding pain turned into a dull roar - was that I was reading an ironically titled book that my wife happened to bring in with us to the hospital, namely "Stones" by Timothy Findley. She took a shot of this on my hospital bed when I was off having a CT scan done. The picture is featured as the graphic for this week.
This week's theme is "Stones" in celebration of my newest friend. Feel free to take this theme in whatever direction you like.
Submit your photos on Flickr or Facebook, and send the picture files to me if you want them to be featured on my weekly reflections: essex.masqueATgmailDOTcom

No comments:

Post a Comment