Thursday 10 September 2015

Tight Squeezed and Nautical Themed - Reflections on Weeks 34 and 35

"Nautical Themed 2" by Patrick Firth
Okay, now that I have begun to feature the photos of other #52weeksofWE challengers that I enjoyed the most in the top place of prominence, I made the conscious decision not to feature any of my own shots - three posts later I have already broken that rule. The reason why, however, is not because I enjoyed my shot any more than the other photographs. In other circumstances I would have picked another, but "Nautical Themed 2" made it on to #Flickr Explore. Don't make me explain what it is, but what it does mean is that the "favs" and "views" on the shot are exponentially greater than any of my others. 
I hope that I am not so vain as to entirely base my satisfaction with my work solely on these somewhat superficial indicators, but I will admit there was a bit of a rush when the favs started to come in as quickly as they did. But, that is enough said about that.

 Week 34 was A Tight Squeeze, whether you were a bird trying to find an appropriate spot to land, or a human trying to make your way through WindsorFest 2015.
WindsorFest 2015 by April Particelli

"Tight Squeeze" by Frank Shepley
 And ...

 Luckily for challengers, we in Windsor - Essex are anything but landlocked. Three of our four cardinal directions either run into a lake or a river. We didn't have to go far to shoot a sail or fifteen, catch a freighter, or find some unmistakably nautical coiled up rope. 
"Running On Water" by April Particelli

"3 Sails" by Frank Shepley

"Lake Ste Claire" by Laura Arce

"Lighthouse. Windsor, ON" by Paul Thibodeau
 Check out what patterns people are finding in this week's Pattern Recognition theme on the #52weeksofWE Flickr group. Also keep up with featured photos from my other Flickr group, Pictures with a Story, on Facebook, Twitter, and on other posts in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment