Friday 14 August 2015

Stone Soup, Reflection on Gastronomy 101 and Stones




"A killer sunset" by Steve Biro

 Luckily for you I did not photograph the stone that had caused me so much intense pain at the tail end of week 29, Gastronomy 101. I did, however, get to enjoy a nice meal from the Walkerville Tavern when my wife and I set up shop for the Walkerville Art Walk and Rock. As I write this I realize how much my timing has been off for a couple of my themes. This week is the Windsor Eats's Eat Your City event – check it out here – which would have provided all sorts of wonderful opportunities to shoot your food. 


However, fellow challengers were still able to share their food with us, from produce to shrimp, to picnics to “milk and coffee.” I understand if you are a bit upset with me for picking a theme that was a bit of a tease. I guess you can try to hunt down something similar and eat or drink it at a later date.

"Untitled by Lupita Amaya G.

Carlota de Limon - Lady Fingers Lime Cake.
I prepared this delicious dessert for one of my best friend's birthday in Windsor, Ontario. Canada.

"Strawberries ummmm" by April Particelli

"Orange Tree" by Laura Arce

"appleAday" by April Particelli

 ______________________________________________

I am happy to see people rose to the occasion and captured some especially fetching rocks from Windsor – Essex, in “celebration” of my stone that laid me flat for almost a week and a half – literally. A tongue-in-cheek theme for sure, but – like they say – if you can’t laugh about it, the only thing left to do is cry. The medication I was on definitely made it easier to laugh.
"River stone remain, while water flow away" (Romanian) by Laura Arce
 "Untitled" by Shari

We were treated to naturally shaped, free range stones. We also saw the artistically formed, arranged stones of architecture and landscaping. Enjoy the representations of each in the following featured pictures.


"Stone Wall" by Lupita Amaya G.

"Point Pelee1" by April Particelli
"Stones" by Lupita Amaya G.

Find us on Flickr, Facebook, and Twitter for updates on our latest themes. Feel free to join at any time!
"Buddha by the Highway, Tecumseh, ON" by Paul Thibodeau

No comments:

Post a Comment