Monday 31 August 2015

Photographic Tale of the Week - "Summer Flowers - Vintage"

"Summer Flowers - Vintage" by Sandy Duncan Rudd
Welcome to the second ever Photographic Tale of the Week through the Pictures with a Story Flickr group that I moderate. This is a beautiful shot by Sandy Duncan Rudd, a "beginner" photographer from Olympic Peninsula, WA state, a self described lover of all thing "fiber-related." Here is her description of "Summer Flowers:"

This unusual perennial geranium has dark burgundy black foliage giving it a lacy vintage look to me. I can't remember the botanical name exactly, but it is one of the pratense varieties - maybe Geranium pratense 'Black Beauty'. No matter what it's called, I love the way it looks in the summer garden :)


I also want to include a quote from Sandy's description on her Flickr page: "I find that my camera is a tool the helps me to pay attention to the wonders of this beautiful world." Check out the rest of the wonders Sandy has captured with her camera / tool on her Flickr page
Don't forget to find me on Facebook and Twitter for more photography, stories, and other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment